Choosing Your Wedding Location
Paperia | March 2014
There is no shortage of options when it comes to possible wedding locations. Your wedding can take place almost anywhere – from your backyard, to the sunny beaches of Hawaii!
When selecting a wedding location, as with many other wedding-related decisions, it is helpful to start with the “big picture” ideas.
Big picture wedding location considerations include…
• Local versus destination wedding
• Traditional or non-traditional location
• Inside or outside – or both – venue
• Size of the venue (how many guests it can comfortably accommodate)
• Layout and amenities of the venue
• Cost of the venue
After the big picture is settled, then consider the “smaller details”.
Some smaller detail wedding location factors may be…
• Privacy (especially in more public settings)
• Technical considerations like availability of electricity, acoustics
• Ambient considerations like the view, lighting, prominent colors, etc.
• Parking availability
Once you have identified some possible wedding locations, visit them and speak with their event staff if at all possible. This printable checklist from “Here Comes the Guide” is a wonderful resource of questions you will likely want to discuss with your wedding venue before signing a contract.
Selecting your wedding location is an exciting experience. Where you wed will likely impact the theme and mood of your celebration. Remember that The Paperia can assist you in communicating these details on your customized wedding stationery.
Comments are closed.