Festive and Fun: Holiday Inspired Weddings
Paperia | November 2014
Planning a winter wedding celebration during the most wonderful time of the year? There are plenty of ways to weave holiday-inspired style elements throughout your wedding design.
In an earlier post, we explored how wedding themes help guide you in the seemingly endless number of styling decisions with which you’ll be faced, such as picking your dress, selecting table linens, deciding on a wedding invitation, etc. Having a theme will give your entire celebration a unified and cohesive feel.
Because winter weddings are considered “off-season,” and are therefore less common, you have the ability to really make a style statement and leave a lasting impression on your guests – not to mention the wedding photos you will cherish for years to come.
Here are some ideas to help you create an unforgettable holiday-inspired wedding.
In the envelopes…
- Wedding invitations should match your celebration’s level of formality. If you’re hosting a black tie event, you might select a lush heavyweight letterpress invitation imprinted with dark cranberry lettering or a simple evergreen motif.
- Another option could be to utilize a pearled or metallic invitation stock in cool tones of silver and bright sparkling white with a navy font script.
On the tables…
- Consider adding large pillar candles to your “tablescape” – the glowing flames will create a cozy, romantic warmth.
- Floral centerpieces that incorporate evergreens, holly, berries, or full white flowers like hydrangeas or roses have a gorgeous, festive feel.
- Personalized ice sculptures positioned next to white tree branches adorned with dangling crystals will create a winter wonderland scene and could be a stunning statement piece on the place card table.
For the guests…
- During cocktail hour, offer a festive cocktail like a candy cane martini or a jingle bell julep. After dinner is served, consider hosting a spiked hot chocolate or apple cider bar.
- For favors, consider giving out handcrafted ornaments with a heartfelt winter quote and your wedding date. If you’re looking for an edible favor, some wintertime options may be spiced nuts, peppermint bark, or snowflake-shaped sugar cookies.
Comments are closed.